Weta 4134. 2023
Capitalizing on the environment's mystical nature, and undead spirits haunting the waters below, we wanted to display the two worlds that often overlap in Middle-earth: the magical and the mundane. Above the waters, Sam and Gollum desperately reach out to rescue the sinking Hobbit. Below the waters, wraiths pull Frodo further into the depths. Representing those two contrasting worlds in one scene proved pivotal in creating this collectible.
Using every tool and technique available, exploring lighting options and paint schemes, experimenting with materials, and pushing the boundaries of how we make collectibles elevated this Masters Collection to a new level.
The Dead Marshes invites you to explore every inch, view from every angle, with every component laid bare, to truly do the scene the justice it deserves. In an instant of terror and tension, no detail can be missed.
- Edition Size: 550
- Dimensions: 15x25x15"/37 x 64 x 37 cm
- 1:6 scale statue
- Made from high quality polystone
- Sculpted physically by Middle-earth veterans Brigitte Wuest, Gary Hunt and Shaun Bolton
- Depicts both the natural and mystical sides of Middle-earth, as seen above and below the water
- Including five characters and three unique materials, within a dynamic environment
- Spirits of the dead can be seen beneath the water, tucked between the gnarled roots
- Unique lighting combined with expert paint application brings the underwater action to life
- LED powered, flickering flames and ambient underwater environment (universal power adaptor included)